My love, my life, my rock.

My love, my life, my rock.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tucker bear

We finally received our little 11oz. Tucker bear. It's bittersweet, but I've already loved holding it and keeping it close to my heart. When requesting your bear, the organization asks a few questions first. one of the questions being "what reminds you of your baby?". Our answer was Hummingbirds. Here's why...after Tucker's funeral, I received a text from one of my good friends reading:

I just have to share this with you. Peter and I watched this hummingbird during the service. He was hanging around the patio the whole time the pastor spoke, and then followed over the group when we released the balloons. Then went back to the patio and hovered over it. It was amazing! 
Peter and I believe it was Tucker. He was there lifting up the grief and sending love. Now every time I see one I will forever think of your precious little handsome man!!! 💋He changed our lives and we didn't even get the chance to meet him. 


Ever since my friend shared this with us, we have had many encounters with hummingbirds. My husband has had them hover over him at work and I was so lucky to have one right at my front door one day. I had walked outside to go to work and there was the hummingbird just staring at me. It felt like a good minute went by before it flew off. It wasn't scared or nervous, it just hovered really close to me for a little while. Such an amazing experience and I knew it was Tucker.

Some of my favorite greeting cards are from a company called Papyrus. Their symbol for the cards is a hummingbird and with each card they package together, there is always a card inside that talks about this beautiful bird. Here is what is says:

The Hummingbird

Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Hummingbirds open our eyes to the wonder of the world and inspire us to open our hearts to loved ones and friends. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and to savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird’s delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life’s sweetest creation.

I couldn't agree more. We love and miss you Tucker.


No comments:

Post a Comment