My love, my life, my rock.

My love, my life, my rock.

Friday, May 30, 2014

PCOS, Clomid, and Fertility prayers...

So my last post was more about catching up on life during my hiatus from blogging. There's still so much to write about and I will get to it in time.

Today I am on cycle day 7 and on pill 4 of 50mg of clomid. This is my 3rd round and I am hoping that third times a charm. My doctor doesn't feel the need to monitor me while taking the 50mg, but if this cycle doesn't work, I'll be getting monitored and the dosage will be going up to 100mg. I've been a little nervous about taking the Clomid. I've read a lot on it and it can thin the lining of your uterus. That is such a scary thought, especially with my loss at 5 months pregnant. The few doctors I've spoke to about what happened, still have no idea what could have caused my loss. One doctor said it was infection even though I was never ill or had a fever through my pregnancy. Another doctor said I could have an incompetent cervix, which scares me even more because your cervix can change sizes so quickly, you start funneling and then your water starts to bulge ending in a rupture. This can happen at any time and you don't even know. All I can do is remain optimistic about everything. I've also started the whole temping thing. It was suggested to me since I have PCOS and taking clomid, this way I can tell if I am actually ovulating.

On Facebook I've joined a few groups to help me with the loss of Tucker and also through the journey of trying to conceive with PCOS and Clomid. It's definitely nice to have that support and to know that I am not alone through all of this. The other day, a lady from one of the groups, posted fertility prayers that her mother had shared with her. I want to share them here...

Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings in my life. Help me to remember them as I face the challenges of infertility. I pray that I can surrender myself into your hands. Let me accept the reality of this situation and have the wisdom and courage to take action where I can. Strengthen my body, mind and spirit to endure the trials of infertility. Keep me ever mindful of the needs of others and grant us your peace. Amen.

Dear Lord, the pain of infertility is so deep. All of our lives, we dream of
being mothers, of raising children with loving hearts to do your will on
this earth. Month after month when that dream does not come true, it so
painful, Lord. We feel like our dreams die each month with empty arms.
Please guide us to trust in your plan for us. We desperately need you in our lives. Thank you for all the blessings we do have, knowing through you all things are possible. Amen

Lord, help me to know that You are enough. Take my eyes off of myself. Take my eyes off of the child I desire. Help me to delight myself in You. Mold the desires of my heart to be in line with Your will. I don't want to need to be a mother more than I need to be your humble, obedient child. I don't want wanting to have a baby to be a stumbling block between You and me anymore.

Lord, I want to give this desire, this drive, this ache up to You. Help me
not to snatch it back as I so often do with the burdens I place in Your
hands. Help me to be truly content with Your will and Your timing.

Lord, You know that I still desire a baby - someone to mold, teach, train,
shape, guide, and help to grow in You. But until the day You give me that
joyous blessing, help me to grow in You. Let me reach out to those around me. Let me witness and minister to the children You place in my path.

Lord, if adoption is the path You would have us take, prepare our hearts,
and prepare the child who will share our home. If adoption is not Your will
for our lives, keep me from pushing ahead of Your plan. Help me to stay
submitted to my husband's will, and to Your will. If we are headed in the
wrong direction, change our hearts.
Thank You for lifting my burden. Help me to keep You first! Let me seek Your face daily, and let me know that You are enough!

Hannah's Prayer
"And she made this vow: 'O Lord of Hosts, if You will look upon the
suffering of Your maidservant and will remember me and not forget Your
maidservant, and if You will grant Your maidservant a male child, I will
dedicate him to the Lord for all the days of his life.'"

--Source: 1 Samuel 1:11
In You, God, our ancestors trusted,
In You they trusted, and You answered them.
We will trust in God, for God's goodness is never-ending; God's mercy
is without bounds.
We will trust in God, for God is our help and our shield.

May the God who made heaven and earth, hear our plea and grant us a child

I had stopped praying for a while after I lost Tucker, but I've been trying to start again. So why not try these fertility prayers?!

No comments:

Post a Comment