My love, my life, my rock.

My love, my life, my rock.

Friday, March 11, 2011

A few 30 second intros...

Before I go onto my next boyfriend, I added a couple of 30 second boys on my playlist through my on and off stage with Toby too cool. I felt I should touch on these because even though they didn't amount to much, I still learned some good lessons.

After my high school graduation, I went to a house party with some friends and I ran into a hottie basketball player from another school. We will call him "too fast Jack." We talked for a while throughout the night, and let me tell you, I was definitely infatuated. A really bad fight broke out which ended the party very quickly and we left before too fast Jack could get my number. I was pretty bummed because he was just too darn cute. Little did I know that he would track me down through the Mormon church (red flag #1). He was a Mormon boy, and I am what you call a jack mormon. Mormons are VERY good at keeping track of each other and there is always a phone list kept with whatever ward you are in. Some how he learned my last name and started up the Mormon calling tree. Pretty soon my phone rang and it was Jack. At the time I was so honored and excited that he had done so much to track me down, but now...not so much. We went out on our first date and the whole time I just couldn't stop staring at him. The conversation was just so-so, no real spark was there but the attraction overtook the intellectual connection so I of course kept dating him. The convos started off like normal. We had the usual first date talks, but soon more red flags started to pop up. He would through in an "us having kids together" comment here, an "us getting married comment" there. I just kind of laughed it off, totally thought he was joking and never took him seriously because we were so young. Then, after A WEEK of dating, he sat me down and told me that he has it all planned out. He would go on his mission and when he gets back we would move to Utah together, get married and go to BYU. In that moment it finally clicked, I wanted to get up and run away from him. This whole time I had been too infatuated with him to really realize what had been going through his head. I was too scared to tell him how I really felt though so I humored him that night and avoided him as soon as I got out of his car. I know, it was very rude of me. I should have been open and honest but I was young and still learning.

A few weeks later I met a new 30 second boy. We shall call him "I don't know why Ty." I honestly don't know why I dated him. Actually, I didn't really date him. I met him at a party,  he got my number and a couple days later we went out on a date. Nothing was there between us so once again I avoided him. He was a persistent one. He showed up at my house one day, thank goodness my sister answered the door and told him I wasn't there, and he gave my sister 5 wallet sized photos of himself to give to me. He even signed the back of one of them and left his phone number. Oh Ty, I really don't know why.

I really should have just been honest with the both of them because karma came back and bit me. It ended up that "too fast Jack" and "I don't know why Ty," had gone to the same high school and were friends. I found this out the hard way. My friends and I went to another house party where I ran into Ty, always one of those awkward moments when you run into someone you were avoiding. We chatted for a minute and then Jack walks up and puts his arm around Ty. Ty asked how Jack knew me and told him that we went out on a date together, little did I know that Jack is the jealous type. He gets mad, starts yelling at Jack and tries to start a fight. Luckily I was able to slip out of the house and leave during all of this commotion. Jack and Ty soon made up though and decided to team up and get back at me. I had recently gotten back together with "Toby too cool" and we were returning home one night to find Ty and Jack toilet papering my house. They ended up running in the opposite direction of their car, which they had left running just incase they needed a quick getaway. Toby was not happy so he walked up to their car, took the keys, threw them in the backseat and locked all the doors. I still don't know how they got home that night.

Moral of the story: Don't let infatuation get the best of you. Be smart about your choices. Honesty really is the best policy and don't date friends of friends or they will come toilet paper your house.

1 comment: